Toys on the Floor Again

"I'm surrounded by friendship, all I have to do is look around and see where my friends may be. Oh, don't you know they're everywhere." - Dan Zanes

Meet the Family

Disney Visit

Cave Light Show

The Ice Cream is Churning! Don't Forget to Stop By!

Happy 4th Amanda!

Okay this is what almost of year of piano lessons might get you.....

Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's Spring!

Finally warm weather has arrived! We have been delighted to play outside. Of course Chet and I can never start a new spring without adding a family member. This years newest member is a Prairie Fire Crabapple. These little trees have a pretty pinkish red flower that blooms sometime in early spring. The best part is that they have a waxy leaf that the Japanese Beatles really don't care for. That's a must around here. We put it next to our cherry tree because we think the flowers will complement each other.
This was a project that Bethany just had to be a part of. It had all her favorite things, digging, measuring, and leveling. Lots of great tools and lots of great mess. It was after dark when Chet finally brought her in last night. They were up again early this morning to finish the job. I'd like to say that even I helped with this project. I didn't do so much digging but I mixed soil, helped manhandle the tree, and then helped fill the hole.

In the end it's a cute little tree. Won't stay little forever. It should be about 15 to 20 feet when it's full grown. Of course there's always a problem with planting a new tree. They tend to leave everything looking a bit out of balance. So we decided that we should maybe add another tree on the other side of the cherry. So they could be a little three some in the corner. It would also be nice to have another one on the other side of this one. At 15 - 20 feet they'd be great for blocking the yards that will be back there someday. So we have two more on their way. Lord two more holes. Have we lost our minds?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: