Today was my first day back to work. School wasn't back in session just the staff. We found ourselves in meetings all day. I figured this would be the perfect way to get back into the routine. After all we wouldn't have to get up quite as early, Bethany would go with Amanda which would make Amanda happy, and my day would be a little slower so I wouldn't be so tired tonight. Not a bad way to kick things off.
Of course it never works out the way I think it should. Last night I really didn't sleep much, I think the result of a birthday soda the size of which I never drink anymore. Amanda woke up on her own at 6:15 this morning which would have been nice but I'd sleep in a bit so I was no where near ready to go. Nobody was terribly excited about their breakfast. Then Amanda refused to put on her new tennis shoes and Bethany started to cry because her shoes hurt her feet. Everyone had to get out of the car to help let the neighbors dogs out. Then when we arrived at Patti's I had forgotten our January check. I pulled into school at 8 o'clock on the nose felling like I was going to have an anxiety attack. What a morning!
This evening I am so tired. The weather was really rainy and the sound of falling rain was putting me to sleep. We spent most of the night building with Lego's which really is the best way to spend a lazy evening. We vowed to have the girls in bed before 8 and it worked. Maybe things are on the up beat for tomorrow. Too bad I have bus duty after school tomorrow :(
We Love Kindergarten!
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment